The Supply Chain Coordinator is a member of the Marketing and Supply Chain team that contributes to the business by maintaining sales forecasts, pricing and costing schedules, supply chain planning, executing logistics and maintaining the inventory system. The role reports to the Marketing and Supply Chain Manager and will be assigned responsibilities pertaining to specific product lines and will work closely with the relevant Marketing Manager(s). Communication is a key function of the role and the position is a key liaison between the retail team, the marketing department, the accounting department, transportation providers and external suppliers. Other duties are operational support, marketing, and analysis. The position can provide a development path to Marketing or Retail management for the right individual.
Key Skills and Requirements
Skills key to success in the position are:
- Clear and effect communication
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities and deadlines
- Planning and analytical skills
- Affinity for working with numbers and spreadsheets
- Basic inventory management skills and exposure or knowledge of accounting systems
Candidates will be considered that bring a combination of the following:
- Post-secondary education in agriculture / agribusiness, business or supply chain
- 2 – 5 years of experience in the agriculture industry, business or supply chain
- Summer internships as part of an agribusiness degree
- Knowledge of / passion for the agriculture / grain industry
- Advanced excel skills and / or knowledge of inventory / accounting systems
- Develop understanding of products sold and direct sales team to product information
- Develop familiarity with supply markets and key suppliers
- Coordinate marketing programs and promotional activities
- Maintain pricing and costing sheets, compile market information
- Supply Chain
- Assemble sales and purchase forecasts
- Plan inventory movement and liaise with suppliers and carriers
- Execute logistics including truck ordering
- Key ‘quarterback’ for shipments between retail, suppliers, trucking and customers
- Inventory Administration
- Monitor inventory flow transactions, investigate exceptions, and correct errors.
- Coordinate inventory audits and periodic transactional audits.
- Review and continual improvement of procedures.
- Assist with trade and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate supply payments and account reconciliations with the payables team
- Collaborate with accounting to maintain the inventory costing system
- Attractive compensation package including bonuses, company paid medical & dental benefits;
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
- Employee Referral Program (up to $500 per successful referral);
- Paid vacation and personal days.
- Employee recognition and service awards.
Paterson Grain is known throughout Canada and the world as a company rooted in its commitment to quality, innovation, and exceptional customer service. Paterson focuses its expertise on all aspects of grain handling and prides itself on building long-term relationships with Canadian farmers and its domestic and international customers. Our agricultural products and services span all sectors of the Canadian grain industry and include crop input services, identity preserved programs and non-GMO programs. Through our modern global network, Paterson Grain is fully capable of facilitating the marketing and transportation of quality crops to buyers around the world. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected further in the process will be contacted. Paterson Grain is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply and self-identify.