We are currently looking for motivated, hands-on students to join our Paterson Grain Division. As a Paterson Grain Student in the you will serve as part of the daily operations, marketing and administrative team at a Paterson Grain location. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for assisting and shadowing various staff at the location, with a view to ensuring quality in the handling and delivery of Paterson Grain products and services.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with facility operations including general maintenance, loading/unloading, grain and monitor stored grain conditions.
- Cleaning grain facilities and equipment to provide a safe environment in accordance with Health & Safety guidelines
- Able to test grain for moisture level for walk in-clients
- Assist with planning and organizing summer events: BBQ and Customer Relations
- Able to drive forklift when required
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or diploma in Ag Business, Agronomy, or related discipline
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work in an environment with changing priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn day-to-day business operations
Paterson Grain is known throughout Canada and the world as a company rooted in its commitment to quality, innovation, and exceptional customer service. Paterson focuses its expertise on all aspects of grain handling and prides itself on building long-term relationships with Canadian farmers and its domestic and international customers.
Our agricultural products and services span all sectors of the Canadian grain industry and include crop input services, identity preserved programs and non-GMO programs. Through our modern global network, Paterson Grain is fully capable of facilitating the marketing and transportation of quality crops to buyers around the world.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Paterson Grain is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply and self-identify