Are you interested in working for a company that partners with local farmers to produce sustainable, healthy oat ingredients to feed the world? Just west of Winnipeg, O Foods is building the most advanced oat mill in North America to meet growing global demand. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Paterson Global Foods, we have strong roots in Canadian agriculture and believe in delivering value to the entire food supply chain.
Reporting to the Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA) Manager, the Sanitation Lead will direct sanitation team members on daily, weekly, and master sanitation scheduled requirements. The successful candidate will also participate in the organization and design of the master sanitation schedule including on-going evaluation of the environmental monitoring program. This position will support the FSQA Manager as a back up to ensure that sanitation programs are compliant with the GFSI audit scheme as well as USFDA and CFIA regulations.
- Sanitation Standard Operating Procedure (SSOP) development and maintenance for the Quality department
- Execute the SSOPs as defined. Train new hires on SSOPs. Retain all training records for the sanitation team
- Ensure that all daily, weekly, and master sanitation scheduled requirements are met and satisfactory
- Execute environmental monitoring program for operation with the support of both the sanitation and laboratory team
- Confirm sanitation supplies are adequately stocked and replenished based on established inventory levels
- Oversee the Pest Control (PC) Program for the operation. Action corrective measures post service call visits by PC technician
- Support internal/external audits including GMP inspections on-site
- Verify HACCP compliance documentation with support of FSQA Manager
- Ensure food safety signage is posted and maintained in the operation
- Build and contribute to a plant-wide workplace and food safety culture, believing in zero injuries
- Participate in a respectful work environment where employees can bring forward not only ideas and improvements but concerns of all nature, including safety and harassment issues
- Other duties as assigned
- A technical diploma from a recognized college coupled with 2-3 years’ sanitation experience in the food or related industry
- Experience in commissioning and start-ups considered an asset.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits;
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
- Paid vacation and personal days.
To be considered, please apply directly to our website https://www.ofoods.ca/careers/
O Foods Ltd is passionate about oats and strives to be the innovation partner throughout the supply chain from farmers to consumers. We want to be the preferred oat ingredient supplier by collaborating to create value and sustained growth for all stakeholders.