Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking a well experienced, dynamic, hands-on individual to fill the role of Sales Agronomist at our Paterson Crop Inputs facility located in Winnipeg, MB. Reporting to and working alongside the Crop Inputs Location Manager, you will be primarily responsible for ensuring our customers receive high quality customized agronomic service within an enterprising team environment; with a view to maintaining and expanding Paterson Grain’s business in the region. You will also assist the manager in forecasting, budget and market insight as well as operational management.
- Provide expert agronomic knowledge, skills, advice and outstanding customer service to customers, other members of our Crop Inputs team and broader Paterson Grain team;
- Achieve and report annual business targets and identify new agronomy consulting opportunities;
- Develop, grow and execute the Paterson Grain agronomy program in the business area;
- Provide guidance and support to other location agronomists as well as other operational staff;
- Promote innovation and support strategic new products in cooperation with Crop Input suppliers;
- Assist in other support functions as assigned by the Crop Inputs Retail Manager.
- Maintain professional designation (i.e. P.Ag or CCA);
- A degree or diploma in Agriculture and previous experience in Crop Inputs;
- Minimum 5 years within a sales agronomy or similar role & demonstrated agriculture background;
- Previous experience in management or assistant management role considered an asset;
- High degree of drive and optimism; strong communication and organizational skills;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; familiarity with Tronia programs considered an asset.
- Attractive compensation package including bonuses, company paid medical & dental benefits;
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
- Employee Referral Program (up to $1000 per successful referral);
- Paid vacation and sick days.
Paterson Grain is known throughout Canada and the world as a company rooted in its commitment to quality, innovation, and exceptional customer service. Paterson focuses its expertise on all aspects of grain handling and prides itself on building long-term relationships with Canadian farmers and its domestic and international customers.
Our agricultural products and services span all sectors of the Canadian grain industry and include crop input services, identity preserved programs and non-GMO programs. Through our modern global network, Paterson Grain is fully capable of facilitating the marketing and transportation of quality crops to buyers around the world.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected further in the process will be contacted.
Paterson Grain is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply and self-identify.