We currently have an opportunity for a Retail Manager at our Paterson Grain Terminal located in Winnipeg, MB. Reporting to the Regional Manager, the successful candidate will oversee the revenue side of the business function with a view to expand Paterson’s sales and customer base. The Retail Manager will have superior customer services skills, excellent critical, strategic, and decision-making competencies.
- Assist with, develop, and execute Paterson’s retail business plan.
- Achieve annual and long-term retail targets.
- Cultivate and maintain strong customer relationships in the areas of service.
- Timely and effective inventory management.
- Ensure safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Increase customer profitability through planning and agronomy.
- Provide support, recommendations, and operational execution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience in agri-business marketing, sales, and agronomy.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a management/leadership role.
- Post-secondary training in agriculture, business administration or commerce (is an asset but not necessarily required).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and people in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong general knowledge and experience in human resource management, sales & marketing, purchasing, finance and safety.
- Outstanding marketing, sales, and customer relationship skills.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits.
- Employee Assistance Programs.
- On the job training, development, and career growth opportunities.
- Paid vacation and personal days.
Paterson Grain is known throughout Canada and the world as a company rooted in its commitment to quality, innovation, and exceptional customer service. Paterson focuses its expertise on all aspects of grain handling and prides itself on building long-term relationships with Canadian farmers and its domestic and international customers.
Our agricultural products and services span all sectors of the Canadian grain industry and include crop input services, identity preserved programs and non-GMO programs. Through our modern global network, Paterson Grain is fully capable of facilitating the marketing and transportation of quality crops to buyers around the world.
Paterson Grain is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply and self-identify.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected further in the process will be contacted.