Are you interested in working for a company that partners with local farmers to produce sustainable, healthy oat ingredients to feed the world? Just west of Winnipeg, O Foods is building the most advanced oat mill in North America to meet growing global demand. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Paterson Global Foods, we have strong roots in Canadian agriculture and believe in delivering value to the entire food supply chain.
The Quality Assurance Technician will participate in the calibration, and maintenance of the laboratory equipment. Additional responsibilities will include finished product testing, reporting test results, and generation of Certificate of Analysis’.
- Confirm laboratory equipment are maintained and function properly, and that adequate parts and supplies are available in storage.
- Execute the laboratory methods as outlined by Quality department to evaluate finished product samples.
- Tabulated results to be entered into laboratory notebooks and Excel files as appropriate.
- When required, confirm results for finished product are within specification and authorize the release of the product.
- Communicate out of specification inventory to production team members in a timely manner.
- Prepare and send samples to external laboratories, follow-up on progress and update results accordingly.
- Ship qualification samples to customers.
- Regularly clean working areas in the laboratory.
- Assist with complaint investigations including completion of corrective actions with support of O Foods team members.
- Build and contribute to a plant-wide workplace and food safety culture, believing in zero injuries.
- Participate in a respectful work environment where employees can bring forward not only ideas and improvements but concerns of all nature, including safety and harassment issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A technical diploma from a recognized college coupled with 1-2years’ laboratory experience in the food or related industry.
- Experience in commissioning and start-ups considered an asset.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits.
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs.
- Employee Referral Program.
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities.
- Paid vacation and personal days.
O Foods Ltd is passionate about oats and strives to be the innovation partner throughout the supply chain from farmers to consumers. We want to be the preferred oat ingredient supplier by collaborating to create value and sustained growth for all stakeholders.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected further in the process will be contacted.
O Foods Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.