We are currently seeking for a knowledgeable, reliable and experienced Production Supervisor for our FeedMax facility in Killarney, MB. Reporting to the General Manager, this individual is responsible for the efficient operation of all production activities which include the feed production, warehouse, mix plant and leadership where required, sanitation and maintenance personnel/functions.
- Train staff/workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule (and possibly review) activities of workers
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other work units
- Ensure production records are current and accurate.
- Identify, evaluate, control, and prevent hazards at all stages of the feed production process
- Set up and adjust processing and packaging machines
- Perform corrective machine adjustments
- Observe gauges, computer printouts and video monitors to verify specified processing conditions
- Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels, supplies, or equipment
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product
- Maintain shift log of production and other data
- Check products for defects and to ensure conformance to company standards
- Record production information
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a feed or flour mill plant
- 5 years of experience in a Supervisory role is preferred
- Working knowledge of operations and distribution
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Team leadership and teambuilding abilities
- Experience with agriculture, farm equipment and a mechanical aptitude is preferred.
FeedMax, a division of Paterson GlobalFoods, was built on delivering quality, value, and service through our unique approach to the animal feed business. FeedMax offers a wide range of products inclusive of a complete line of poultry, swine, beef, bison and specialty animal feed. Working in direct collaboration with industry leading nutritionists and livestock producers, FeedMax continuously demonstrates its commitment to animal nutrition, health and performance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Feedmax is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.