Are you interested in working for a company that partners with local farmers to produce sustainable, healthy oat ingredients to feed the world? Just West of Winnipeg, O Foods is building the most advanced oat mill in North America to meet growing global demand. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Paterson GlobalFoods, we have strong roots in Canadian agriculture and believe in delivering value to the entire food supply chain.
The Product Development Specialist will be responsible for developing new products to meet our customers’ needs for processing functionality and sensory attributes. Working with milling operations and raw material sourcing to track and understand the operational impact of different oat varieties, growing regions and grading attributes. This role strives to provide innovation and value to our supply chain partners from growers to end use customers. This position will support sales, milling operations and quality assurance to seek out continuous improvement opportunities to grow our business. Critical thinking, clear communication and strong organization is critical for this role.
- Develop and implement a product development process to define the project scope, track production run data, analyze the results and make recommendations.
- Interact directly with customers to better understand their requirements and determine our ability to meet their needs.
- Establish project goals by collaborating with Sales & Marketing, Milling Operations and Procurement.
- Collaborate with various experts in the field including academics in food science and agronomy, suppliers and consultants.
- Stay current with new product development trends by reviewing publication, attending conferences and webinars. Look for innovative applications for milled oat products and gain experience in formulating food products including bakery, snacks and beverages.
- B.Sc. / BA in Food Science, Food Technology or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years in R&D/Product development in the food processing industry
- Understanding of food regulatory and safety requirements including FSMA.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to solve technical challenges through a methodical, science-based approach.
- Experience in commissioning and start-ups considered an asset.
- Attractive compensation package and company paid medical & dental benefits;
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
- Paid vacation and personal days.
O Foods Ltd is passionate about oats and strives to be the innovation partner throughout the supply chain from farmers to consumers. We want to be the preferred oat ingredient supplier by collaborating to create value and sustained growth for all stakeholders.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected further in the process will be contacted.
O Foods Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.