Paterson Grain is currently seeking a dependable, outgoing professional to fill the role of (Part Time) Receptionist and Administrative Assistant, working Monday to Friday from 10:00am – 2:00pm at our head office in downtown Winnipeg. Providing exceptional customer service and office support, the successful candidate will assist in covering the reception function and will work with other departments on a variety of different administrative tasks. This position is well suited for an individual who possesses a positive attitude, strong communication & computer skills and a high regard for confidentiality.
- Answer incoming phone calls and direct them to the appropriate destination;
- Greet and assist visitors by answering inquiries and issuing visitor badges;
- Accept and sign for incoming deliveries at reception;
- Manage outgoing courier services for pickup – both local and national courier companies;
- Manage the booking of company meeting rooms and vehicles;
- Provide vacation coverage for our full-time receptionist;
- Provide administrative support to various departments on a daily basis;
- Assist with the filing of documents;
- Other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Department.
- High school graduate;
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree from a related field of study considered an asset;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel & Outlook;
- Previous switchboard / reception experience considered an asset;
- Excellent communication skills and customer service orientation.
Paterson Grain is known throughout Canada and the world as a company rooted in its commitment to quality, innovation, and exceptional customer service. Paterson focuses its expertise on all aspects of grain handling and prides itself on building long-term relationships with Canadian farmers and its domestic and international customers. Our agricultural products and services span all sectors of the Canadian grain industry and include crop input services, identity preserved programs and non-GMO programs. Through our modern global network, Paterson Grain is fully capable of facilitating the marketing and transportation of quality crops to buyers around the world.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected further in the process will be contacted.
Paterson Grain is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply and self-identify.