Are you interested in working for a company that partners with local farmers to produce sustainable, healthy oat ingredients to feed the world? Just West of Winnipeg, O Foods is building the most advanced oat mill in North America to meet growing global demand. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Paterson Global Foods, we have strong roots in Canadian agriculture and believe in delivering value to the entire food supply chain.
A Packaging Operator is responsible for taking the finished product of the manufacturing process and ensuring that it is packaged and palletized in line with company and customer requirements, making it ready for distribution.
- Operate computerized robotic packaging equipment.
- Packaging line set-up.
- Efficient operation of the packaging processes
- Product labeling and inspection of final product
- transfer products to warehouse racks, keeping them organized to aid in shipping crew’s job.
- operating a forklift to keep the packaging material full, moving full pallets to the racks, supporting the pack line operators, and supporting the warehouse as needed.
- Set-up the packing material required for the day.
- Maintaining cleanliness of equipment and work area
- Reporting issues when they arise – this should be done quickly to minimize any impact on the efficiency of production.
- Strive to eliminate damaged bags and address them in a timely manner to limit issues.
- Review, complete and ensure the accuracy of documents.
- Coordinate activities with other departments to effectively complete assigned tasks.
- Ensure compliance with safety codes, policies and procedures of the company and regulatory agencies.
- Secondary school diploma or equivalency; post-secondary degree is an asset.
- Previous work in a food manufacturing operation is preferred.
- Experience in packaging and warehouse operations is preferred.
- Forklift certification and/or ability to successfully complete forklift training
- Able to work long hours on one’s feet and perform physically demanding tasks.
- Lifting pallets and bags weighing 25 kg.
- OK with shift work.
- Computer literate.
- Familiar with common warehouse tools and equipment.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Technical skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Makes safety a priority.
- Attractive compensation package including company-paid medical & dental benefits.
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs.
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities.
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal days.
- Employee Referral Program (up to $1000 per successful referral)
O Foods Ltd is passionate about oats and strives to be the innovation partner throughout the supply chain from farmers to consumers. We want to be the preferred oat ingredient supplier by collaborating to create value and sustained growth for all stakeholders.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected further in the process will be contacted.
O Foods Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.