Are you interested in working for a company that partners with local farmers to produce sustainable, healthy oat ingredients to feed the world? Just west of Winnipeg, O Foods is building the most advanced oat mill in North America to meet growing global demand. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Paterson GlobalFoods, we have strong roots in Canadian agriculture and believe in delivering value to the entire food supply chain.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Millwright will participate in the installation, start-up, commissioning, and maintenance of the plant equipment. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to supervise the installation, gaining an in-depth understanding of the systems prior to maintaining them.
- Conduct condition inspection and preventative maintenance through a combination of time-based inspection, vibration analysis, oil analysis and thermal imaging
- Execute planned maintenance tasks while being conscious of safety, food safety and the needs of the business
- Aid in the supervision and management of contractors on-site, with a focus on safety and food safety.
- Install new machinery under the guidance of OEM representative and participate in the commissioning and operation of the mill
- Build and contribute to a plant-wide safety culture, believing in zero injuries
- Participate in a respectful work environment where employees can bring forward not only ideas and improvements but concerns of all nature, including safety and harassment issues.
- Utilize the CMMS including creation of notifications and completion of work orders
- Participate in the troubleshooting of issues, including root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Participate in mill operational meetings looking to eliminate pain points and find opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Be willing and able to be on-call on a regular basis to support the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Red Seal Millwright or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in food processing considered an asset.
- Experience in commissioning and start-ups.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Working knowledge of grain handling and milling equipment
- Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits;
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
- Paid vacation and personal days.
- Employee Referral Program (up to $1000 per successful referral)
O Foods Ltd is passionate about oats and strives to be the innovation partner throughout the supply chain from farmers to consumers. We want to be the preferred oat ingredient supplier by collaborating to create value and sustained growth for all stakeholders.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected further in the process will be contacted.
O Foods Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.