We are currently seeking a highly dependable, detail-oriented professional to fill the role of Junior planner, reporting to the General Manager. Working closely with all stakeholders, in a team environment, the successful candidate will book freight, plan and dispatch drivers and maintain top-level customer service.
- Match drivers with secured freight;
- Meet and exceed customer deadlines and load requirements;
- Build new and existing customer relationships;
- Solicit and negotiate rates, reduce empty miles to maximizing revenue;
- Provide relevant feedback to General Manager on market conditions and driver performance;
- Order entry and order updating our planning database;
- Maintain compliance with Municipal, Provincial, Federal and International laws/regulations;
- Assist with dispatching duties as required and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in agriculture and/or logistics preferred;
- Post-secondary education in logistics preferred (equivalent experience considered);
- Planning experience considered an asset;
- Knowledge of customs and border clearance processes;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Strong focus on accuracy and detail along with exceptional time management skills;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel & Outlook;
- Experience with Axon Trucking Software considered an asset.
- Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits;
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
- Employee Referral Program (up to $1,000.00 per successful referral);
- Paid vacation and personal days.
To be considered, please apply directly to our website www.truck-freight.com/careers
Truck Freight International, a division of Paterson GlobalFoods, has been hauling agricultural commodities since 1998. We specialize in the transportation of dry-bulk commodities such as grains, oilseeds, pulses, fertilizer, feed, organic grains, and salt. Our fleet of trucks is strategically positioned across Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta and we also service the U.S. market. Our courteous staff, top-notch equipment, and deep knowledge of the agricultural industry make TFI a leader in bulk hauling.