We have immediate openings for motivated, hardworking Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) with experience in construction at our new facility construction site in Winnipeg, MB.
- Install, maintain, repair, troubleshoot and test machinery and specialized equipment;
- Read and interpret diagrams, schematic drawings, service manuals and blueprints;
- Operate forklifts, dollies, man lifts and other miscellaneous job equipment;
- Service and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems, perform tack welds and fabrication;
- Follow all safety procedures, maintain accuracy standards and work in a team environment;
- Other related duties as required.
- Minimum 1 year(s) experience in millwright work, iron work and equipment operation;
- Ability to work at heights and bend, push, pull, and lift a minimum of 50 lbs consistently;
- Considerable knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools and equipment used in construction and maintenance, agriculture experience and knowledge is an asset;
- Experience welding, torching and metal fabrication considered an asset;
- Possession of a valid Manitoba Class 5 Motor Vehicle Operator’s License & transportation to and from site required.
A background check consisting of criminal record and professional references will be conducted. The successful applicant will be required to pass the background check to the satisfaction of PGF prior to offer of employment.
PTC Construction, a division of Paterson GlobalFoods, is a leader in Agricultural Engineering with a wide range of experience in the construction of grain and fertilizer handling facilities. We are a fully integrated design-builder managing all project stages including design, construction, and equipment installation.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected further in the process will be contacted.
PTC Construction is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- millwright: 1 year (preferred)