We are currently seeking an energetic, highly motivated individual to fill the position of Grain Marketing Representative at our Paterson Flagstaff Terminal located in Daysland, AB, reporting to the General Manager. Based on trust, this individual will build long term relationships with farmers by becoming a valued source of information. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to exceed goals and a desire to leverage knowledge to help our customers develop and implement grain marketing plans.
- Purchase grain and maintain strong customer relationships by acting as the key contact with all farm customers;
- Nourish and grow existing customer relationships as well as prospect new business within your geographical territory;
- Create, offer, and manage all different grain contract alternatives (DDC, TPA, Basis, etc) for producers by ensuring they are executed and submit them within the parameters of the quality and the delivery of the grain as per company policy.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Minimum three years of experience in Agribusiness and/or other related customer service;
- Strong customer-oriented mindset with demonstrated problem solving and decision-making abilities;
- Creative thinker with exceptional attention to detail;
- Excellent critical, strategic, and decision-making competencies are a must.
- Degree/Certificate in Agriculture, Agribusiness or equivalent post-secondary education;
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required level of knowledge, competencies, skills, and abilities may be considered.
- Previous sales and/or account management experience; preferably in an agribusiness or agriculture adjacent industry
- Attractive compensation package including bonuses, company paid medical & dental benefits;
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid vacation and personal days.
Paterson Grain is known throughout Canada and the world as a company rooted in its commitment to quality, innovation, and exceptional customer service. Paterson focuses its expertise on all aspects of grain handling and prides itself on building long-term relationships with Canadian farmers and its domestic and international customers.
Our agricultural products and services span all sectors of the Canadian grain industry and include crop input services, identity preserved programs and non-GMO programs. Through our modern global network, Paterson Grain is fully capable of facilitating the marketing and transportation of quality crops to buyers around the world.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected further in the process will be contacted.
Paterson Grain is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply and self-identify.