We are currently seeking an energetic, highly motivated individual to fill the position of Grain Buyer. Based out of our Head Office in Winnipeg, MB, this individual will build long-term relationships with farmers by becoming a valued source of information. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to exceed goals and a desire to leverage knowledge to help our customers develop and implement organic grain marketing plans.
- Develop/maintain direct relationships with farmer customers on a daily basis via phone, text, email, on-farm visits, meetings and conferences;
- Dissemination of delivered and off farm pricing information, quality specifications and shipment information to farmer customers;
- Working with the GM, Director of Procurement and country elevator staff, identify pricing/market opportunities and source organic grains as needed to execute marketing plan;
- Write contracts and negotiate purchase agreements with producers for multiple organic commodities;
- Collect, aggregate and assess supply/demand information on the competitive farm market environment;
- Signing up new customers/creating contracts/ensuring organic paperwork requirements are met;
- Coordinate grain deliveries in support of producer contract execution;
- Have a working knowledge of organic regulations and the organic industry trends in Canada;
- Have a university degree in Ag business or related field and/or 1-2 years exposure to the ag/organic industry;
- Be eager to learn and grow in a team environment;
- Have excellent verbal/telephone communication skills for communicating with producers;
- Be detail oriented and have strong problem-solving skills;
- Be customer service oriented;
- Excellent relationship building skills;
- Excel/word skills an asset;
- Attractive compensation package including bonuses, company paid medical & dental benefits;
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid vacation and personal days.
Growers International Organic Sales Inc. (GIOSI) is an industry leading, full-service organic grain company focused on developing, marketing, and exporting Canadian organic grains. With a reputation for quality and commitment, GIOSI continues to provide global buyers with quality grains, organic agronomy and business services, seed development and distribution, and organic crop inputs distribution.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected further in the process will be contacted.
GIOSI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.