Join Truck Freight International, we’re a market leader offering custom freight forwarding, consulting and compliance, and freight forwarding services. Freight brokerage is our core business as we are experts in helping our customers navigate the complex and changing world of international trade is what we do best. Consider joining our team for the opportunity to grow your career. From entry-level to expert advisors, our supportive culture of learning will help you get the career you want.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Based on qualifications, Experience
Location: 333 main street, Winnipeg, MB
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position reports to the General Manager, Primary duties support, and day-to-day contact for our client and operations to ensure quality standards are met.
- Act as a liaison between the marketing division and the transportation department on a daily basis. Ensure you update a third-party carrier base and foster relations on a daily basis.
- Maintain existing accounts and look to develop and increase market share throughout Canada and us.
- Ensure all third-party carriers are compliant and meet our insurance criteria in CA/US.
- Prioritize and complete delivery contracts as per the client’s needs and demands.
- Create and proactively maintain a customs compliance process currently in place with our division. Create and maintain and adhere to standard operating procedures laid by TFI.
- Foster current business opportunities with clients and look to expand those opportunities as we develop additional market growth.
- Ensure accurate and timely release of shipments, rate structures, and follow-up on deliveries with all carriers to ensure we capture timely invoicing for accounts receivables.
- In a professional work directly with clients and carriers to obtain missing documentation information or additional instructions.
- Work directly with Canada customs and US customs to ensure all transactions flow through effectively without delay.
- Participate fully with all team members in a day-to-day operations, including setting priorities, organizing and scheduling pick-up and deliveries, and participating in problem-solving and decision-making within the team
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Client Service oriented – interpersonal skills with internal/external clients and coworkers.
- Ability to handle large volumes and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail; organization, completeness and accuracy.
- Good analytical skills with problem-solving ability.
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations within authorized limitations.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to present a professional image.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel software, PC miler
- Knowledge of customs compliance procedures.
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
2 years of experience in related brokerage in grain and bulk commodities preferable
How to apply:
Please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact 204-956-2090 ext 206