We are currently seeking a dynamic, hands-on individual to fill the role of Facility Manager at our Grain Elevator located in Daysland, AB. Reporting to the General Manager, this position is responsible for the operations of the facility including grain procurement, inventory management, grain shipments, grain grading/blending, grain sales and related paperwork. This position, at different times, may perform these duties or may delegate them to a direct report and/or operations team and may work in operations of all sizes.
- Assist in full recruitment cycle including, sourcing, and screening candidates, participating in interviews, hiring, and training of successful candidates.
- Assist in financial decision making, including budgeting, facility cost and profitability.
- Optimize throughput and grain handling of the facility.
- Supervise operations team’s daily activities to ensure a safe working environment, certify quality standards are met, maximize productivity, and meet customer service requirements.
- Communicate with the marketing staff in an ongoing fashion to coordinate grain activities.
- Monitor stored grain conditions and schedule maintenance/cleaning of facilities and equipment.
- Report high level items to General Manager and ensure department goals/budgets are being met.
- Demonstrate integrity, service, market knowledge and professionalism in dealings with farmers and end users to build customer loyalty and positive working relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required; post-secondary education in a related field considered an asset.
- Success in a leadership capacity, providing mentorship to staff.
- 2-3 years grain related or industry experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook) required.
- Mechanical aptitude and supervisory experience are preferred.
- Background in agriculture or farming is considered an asset.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and maintain a favorable bond record.
Paterson Grain is known throughout Canada and the world as a company rooted in its commitment to quality, innovation, and exceptional customer service. Paterson focuses its expertise on all aspects of grain handling and prides itself on building long-term relationships with Canadian farmers and its domestic and international customers.
Our agricultural products and services span all sectors of the Canadian grain industry and include crop input services, identity preserved programs and non-GMO programs. Through our modern global network, Paterson Grain is fully capable of facilitating the marketing and transportation of quality crops to buyers around the world.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected further in the process will be contacted.
Paterson Grain is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply and self-identify.