We are currently looking for motivated, hands-on students to join our Paterson Crop Inputs Division. As a Paterson Crop Inputs Summer Student, you will serve as part of the daily operations, marketing and administrative team at a Paterson Crop Inputs location. Reporting to the Location Manager, you will be responsible for assisting and shadowing various staff at the location, with a view to ensuring quality in the handling and delivery of Paterson Grain products and services.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with facility operations regarding fertilizer and crop protection products
- Maintain safe and effective handling of fertilizer, chemical, seeds, and other product inventories handled at the location in accordance with Health & Safety guidelines
- Organize the chem shed on a weekly basis for more visibility as the inventory moves
- Keep accurate data of inventory, and record loadout and invoices in AGRE
- Understand Quality Control factors and how they relate to binning and shipping procedures
- Establish and maintain demonstration plots and assist in conducting customer tour
- Deliveries of chemical and seed to and from other Paterson Grain facilities
- Independently conduct field scouting activities entering data into record keeping software
- Assist with planning and organizing summer events: BBQ and Customer Relations
- Operate a forklift to load products into farm trucks and unload product into the facility
- Learn & assist with crop operations as required (if applicable) and other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or diploma in Ag Business, Agronomy, or related discipline
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work in an environment with changing priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn day-to-day business operations
How you will benefit:
- Learn about various aspects of the Canadian Agricultural industry
- Get Practical experience with Crop Inputs products and Agronomy
- Learn about current industry practices related to seed, fertilizer and pesticides
- Refine your customer service skills and exposure to farmers
This position is available to students that are still enrolled in school and students that are graduating in 2023 that are looking for a full-time position and would like to earn exposure and experience.
Paterson Grain is known throughout Canada and the world as a company rooted in its commitment to quality, innovation, and exceptional customer service. Paterson focuses its expertise on all aspects of grain handling and prides itself on building long-term relationships with Canadian farmers and its domestic and international customers.
Our agricultural products and services span all sectors of the Canadian grain industry and include crop input services, identity preserved programs and non-GMO programs. Through our modern global network, Paterson Grain is fully capable of facilitating the marketing and transportation of quality crops to buyers around the world.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Paterson Grain is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply and self-identify.