Are you interested in working for a company that partners with local farmers to produce sustainable, healthy oat ingredients to feed the world? Just west of Winnipeg, O Foods is building the most advanced oat mill in North America to meet growing global demand. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Paterson GlobalFoods, we have strong roots in Canadian agriculture and believe in delivering value to the entire food supply chain.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, The Chief Engineer will participate in the start-up and commissioning of the plant utility system including creation of SOP’s, building a skilled and motivated team and participating in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead a team of 5 Shift Engineers in the maintenance and operation of the plant utilities.
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of standard operation procedures, ensuring the reliable, safe operation of the utility facilities.
- Supervise and manage any contractors on-site, with a focus on safety and food safety.
- Build and contribute to a plant-wide safety culture, believing in zero injuries.
- Ensure a respectful work environment where employees can bring forward not only ideas and improvements but concerns of all nature, including safety and harassment issues.
- Be responsible for utilization of the CMMS, from timely action of notifications to the completion of work orders.
- Be responsible for the planning and scheduling of work to ensure efficient, safe and food safe completion of work orders.
- Participate in the troubleshooting of issues, including root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Ensure all work is done in compliance with applicable regulations particularly with regards to electrical work and pressure piping.
- Maintain the HVAC system for both the mills and employee areas, ensuring a food safe and comfortable work environment.
- Provide periodic, meaningful feedback to staff through performance evaluations and job observations.
- Participate in mill operational meetings looking to eliminate pain points and find opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Be willing and able to be on-call on a regular basis support your team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3rd class power engineer certification (required).
- 5+ years of experience in an operational capacity and 2+ years of experience supervising a team.
- Experience in food processing considered an asset.
- Mechanical skills are an asset.
- Experience in commissioning and start-ups.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits.
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs.
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities.
- Paid vacation and personal days.
O Foods Ltd is passionate about oats and strives to be the innovation partner throughout the supply chain from farmers to consumers. We want to be the preferred oat ingredient supplier by collaborating to create value and sustained growth for all stakeholders.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected further in the process will be contacted.
O Foods Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce.