Carpenters – PTC Construction (Winnipeg, MB)
We are seeking motivated, hardworking Carpenters with experience in construction and/or agricultural construction at our new facility construction site in Winnipeg, MB.
- Pre-Engineered steel building erection including structural steel setting, metal wall and roof panel installation, building insulation and metal trim and flashing installation;
- Lay building foundations and prepare framing for cement;
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors;
- Install metal cladding and flashings;
- Build forms;
- Work at heights;
- Respect and respond to direction given by senior staff;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2-3 year(s) experience as a Journeyman Carpenter;
- experienced with metal cladding installation
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills;
- Able to do layout, framing, finishing of typical projects, including a variety of room additions, and renovations;
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material/labor & cost estimates;
- Capability of reading blueprints;
- Fall Protection certification is required;
- Specific grain terminal or mill experience considered an asset;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license & transportation to and from site required.
- 2 years of steel structure experience.
A background check consisting of criminal record and professional references will be conducted. The successful applicant will be required to pass the background check to the satisfaction of PGF prior to offer of employment.
PTC offers competitive wages along with the opportunity for additional work in the future. To be considered, please forward your resume with the title “Carpenters”.
PTC Construction, a division of Paterson GlobalFoods, is a leader in Agricultural Engineering with a wide range of experience in the construction of grain and fertilizer handling facilities. We are a fully integrated design-builder managing all project stages including design, construction, and equipment installation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Steel structure: 2 years (required)