NutraSun Foods is currently seeking a dependable, self-motivated individual to join our team as Assistant Miller at our plant in Regina, SK. The individual plays a key role in the milling process that is the core of our business. Reporting to the Shift Miller & Head Miller of production, key areas of responsibilities are wheat blending, cleaning and tempering, flour milling, record keeping, sanitation, planning, communication, and by product pelleting.
- Operate the wheat process including grain cleaning, tempering, and pelleting system
- Follow the blending instructions given by the Head Miller/Shift Miller based on target protein
- Continuously monitor protein, dockage and moisture levels. Adjust process to meet specifications
- Complete all documentation according to standard operating procedure
- Identify areas of improvement in terms of the plant process
- Manage terminal and tempering bin space
- Undertake professional development pertaining to milling in consultation with the Head Miller/Shift Miller
- Maintain a high degree of personal and workspace hygiene to meet all GMP, QAI, ISO, HACCP and CCP requirements
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Troubleshoot process related and minor mechanical problems
- Assist and provide back-up coverage to the Shift Miller, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head Miller/Shift Miller
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing setting is an asset
- Professional milling training is an asset
- Boiler Operator license is considered an asset
- Demonstrated problem solving/decision making skills
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Attractive compensation package and company paid medical & dental benefits
- Employee Assistance Programs
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities
- Employee Referral Program (up to $1000 per successful referral)
- Paid vacation and personal days.
NutraSun Foods is Canada’s premier flour mill specializing in custom milling of high quality organic and conventional Canadian Hard Red Spring Wheat and Hard White Wheat for its customers across North America and the world. The NutraSun Foods flour mill is located in Regina, Saskatchewan which allows the company to source its grain directly from one of the most productive grain growing regions in the world.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
NutraSun Foods is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.