NutraSun Foods is currently seeking a dependable, self-motivated individual to join our team as an Assistant Miller at our plant in Regina, SK. The individual plays a key role in the milling process that is the core of our business. Reporting to the Shift Miller & Head Miller of production, key areas of responsibilities are wheat blending, cleaning and tempering, flour milling, record keeping, sanitation, planning, communication, and byproduct pelleting.
- Operate grain elevator process, grain cleaning, tempering and pelleting system;
- Follow the blending instructions given by the Head Miller/Shift Miller based on target protein;
- Continuously monitor protein, dockage and moisture levels. Adjust process to meet specifications;
- Complete all documentation according to standard operating procedure;
- Identify areas of improvement in terms of the plant process;
- Manage terminal and tempering bin space;
- Undertake professional development pertaining to milling in consultation with the Head Miller/Shift Miller;
- Operate high pressure steam boiler;
- Perform water treatment tests and adjust treatment system accordingly.
- Maintain a high degree of personal and workspace hygiene to meet all GMP, QAI, ISO, HACCP and CCP requirements;
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment;
- Continually clean all areas of the mill especially during shutdown;
- Troubleshoot material clogging, Tempering problems, minor mechanical problems, and minor electrical problems but limited only to resetting breakers and switches;
- Provided assistance to the Shift miller and maintenance staff as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head Miller/Shift Miller.
- Grade 12 or equivalent;
- Power Engineering Boiler Operator certificate.
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing setting is an asset;
- Demonstrated problem solving/decision making skills;
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude;
- Excellent communication skills.
This position offers an attractive compensation package and an opportunity for professional growth in an innovative and fast-paced environment. To be considered, please apply directly to our website: www.nutrasunfoods.com/careers/
NutraSun Foods is Canada’s premier flour mill specializing in custom milling of high quality organic and conventional Canadian Hard Red Spring Wheat and Hard White Wheat for its customers across North America and the world. The NutraSun Foods flour mill is located in Regina, Saskatchewan which allows the company to source its grain directly from one of the most productive grain growing regions in the world.
A background check consisting of criminal record and professional references will be conducted. The successful applicant will be required to pass the background check to the satisfaction of PGF prior to offer of employment.