Paterson Grain is currently seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented professional to join our team as Assistant Controller at our Head Office located in downtown Winnipeg, MB. Ensuring the timeliness of period end accounting duties, this individual will review the accuracy of financial statements, perform concise and informative financial reporting and provide support for financial audit preparation.
The successful incumbent will have excellent critical, strategic and decision making competencies along with outstanding verbal skills reflected in the ability to foster strong relationships with staff, customers and all stakeholders. Experience in the manufacturing, construction, transportation and/or agribusiness sectors is a plus.
- Period end accounting duties including journal entries, reconciliations, fixed asset additions & disposals, monthly financial reporting and analysis.
- Financial statement analysis including review of operating results, balance sheet review, management and project reporting.
- Annual and quarterly reporting including bank, insurance, government and board;
- Budgeting and forecasting preparation and review;
- Financial audit preparation and review;
- Accounting controls including coordination of credit policies & procedures, recommendations for process improvement and risk management reporting; and other duties as assigned.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to direct reports.
- Completed or working towards CPA (CA, CMA, CGA) accounting designation with a minimum of 2 years related experience;
- Strong analytical, financial & cost accounting, budgeting and financial reporting skills;
- Excellent coordination, prioritizing and time management skills – able to manage changing priorities to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and be highly organized;
- Strong computer, technical and systems skills, including ODBC data mining and advanced use of MS Excel and MS Access experience.
- Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits;
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
- Employee referral program (up to $350 per successful referral);
- Paid vacation and personal days.
To be considered, please apply directly to our website: www.patersongrain.com/careers/
Paterson Grain is known throughout Canada and the world as a company rooted in its commitment to quality, innovation and exceptional customer service. Paterson focuses its expertise on all aspects of grain handling and prides itself on building long-term relationships with Canadian farmers and its domestic and international customers.
Our agricultural products and services span all sectors of the Canadian grain industry and include crop input services, identity preserved programs and non-GMO programs. Through our modern global network, Paterson Grain is fully capable of facilitating the marketing and transportation of quality crops to buyers around the world.