We are currently seeking a recently designated CPA Accountant looking for an opportunity to get started in industry with fully cycle accounting experience to join our team as Assistant Controller for Related Companies at our Head Office located in downtown Winnipeg, MB. Providing oversight to an accounting team, the individual will be responsible for ensuring the timeliness of period end accounting duties, the accuracy of financial statements, and perform concise and informative financial reporting and analysis. The successful incumbent will have excellent critical, strategic and decision-making competencies along with outstanding verbal skills reflected in the ability to foster strong relationships with staff, customers and all stakeholders. Experience in the manufacturing, construction, transportation and/or agribusiness sectors is a plus.
- Leading a team of individuals responsible for the financial accounting and reporting;
- Period end accounting duties including monthly financial reporting and analysis, reconciliation review, and journal entries;
- Financial statement analysis including review of operating results, balance sheet review, management and project reporting;
- Budgeting and forecasting preparation and review;
- Financial audit preparation and review;
- Accounting controls including coordination of credit policies & procedures, recommendations for process improvement and risk management reporting; and other duties as assigned.
- Professional designation in good standing (CPA) with 3+ years of public practice experience, preferably working on complex engagements, would be considered an asset
- Success in a leadership capacity, providing mentorship to staff;
- Strong analytical, financial & cost accounting, budgeting and financial reporting skills;
- Excellent coordination, prioritizing and time management skills – able to manage changing priorities to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and be highly organized;
- Strong computer, technical and systems skills, including advanced use of MS Excel and MS Access experience.
- Competitive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits;
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
- Paid vacation and personal days.
To be considered, please apply directly to our website: www.patersongrain.com/careers/ .
Paterson GlobalFoods Inc. is a family-owned corporation with holdings in Western Canada. Established in 1908, the company has a long history in Canada and currently operates several subsidiaries and divisions within the grain, food and transportation industries. PGF strives to exceed our customer’s expectations through a commitment to quality, innovation, and personalized service.