Paterson Grain is currently seeking a highly dependable, detail-oriented and passionate professional to fill the role of Accounts Payable Clerk at our Head Office in Winnipeg, MB. The successful candidate will perform all aspects of accounts payable in addition to providing administrative and accounting support for the Crop Inputs division. This position is ideally suited for individuals who are well organized, confident in their work, and can perform at a high level while maintaining accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Receive, review, verify and enter invoices for payment
- Sort, code and match invoices to purchase orders
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Coordinate with operations on inventory coding and supplier reconciliations
- Process weekly cheque runs
- Filing and other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years of accounts payable experience in a high-volume environment
- Previous experience working with inventory payables is considered an asset
- Proficient computer skills – Excel necessary, Great Plains an asset
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong ability to take initiative
- Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities
- Paid vacation and personal days
Paterson Grain is known throughout Canada and the world as a company rooted in its commitment to quality, innovation, and exceptional customer service. Paterson focuses its expertise on all aspects of grain handling and prides itself on building long-term relationships with Canadian farmers and its domestic and international customers. Our agricultural products and services span all sectors of the Canadian grain industry and include crop input services, identity preserved programs and non-GMO programs. Through our modern global network, Paterson Grain is fully capable of facilitating the marketing and transportation of quality crops to buyers around the world.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected further in the process will be contacted.
Paterson Grain is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply and self-identify.